Nancy's Travelblogue

... there isn't a train I wouldn't take, no matter where it's going. -- Edna St. Vincent Millay

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, May 22, 2005

MORE CHASING SHADOWS


I’ve found the perfect schedule for my stay here in the Mojave Desert: Get up early and take a walk to watch the critters - cottontail rabbits, lizards and quail. Go to the Internet cafe for an espresso and internet stuff. Write in my hotel room during the heat of the day. Go exploring in the car when the air cools down and the shadows lengthen. Eat dinner on the balcony of my hotel room, under the moonlight. Finish up writing, read and go to sleep.

This afternoon I went back to Joshua Tree NP to photograph the landscape with the sun low in the sky. Since the round trip from my hotel in Yucca Valley, through the Park and back is about three hours, it took some guesswork to be right at the spot where the shadows were best for each rock formation or tree. I’m pretty pleased with the result, though. Here are some samples.
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home