Nancy's Travelblogue

... there isn't a train I wouldn't take, no matter where it's going. -- Edna St. Vincent Millay

Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

SMART Cars are Smart


The first SMART car appeared on my block last week. Isn't it cute! Be assured, my neighborhood is not "smart" or upscale in any way, which is why I'm so pleased. These new cars have hit the mainstream and, at least in the Bay Area, are now found in ordinary, working class neighborhoods like mine, along with Peets coffee.

I first saw these little cars in Europe in 2007, before they were distributed in the United States. I would never have believed these cute cars would be gracing the U.S. Interstates within a few months, and my very own neighborhood with two years.

Here are some photos of the Smart cars I saw in Europe.







This one in Jelsa, on the island of Hvar, Croatia.












These last two photos from Vienna.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home