Nancy's Travelblogue

... there isn't a train I wouldn't take, no matter where it's going. -- Edna St. Vincent Millay

Name:
Location: California, United States

Monday, October 24, 2011

New Mexico postcard #1

Once again, I'm enchanted by the Land of Enchantment. It's been six years since I've been back to northern New Mexico, and it's the same wonderful place -- full of culture, history, art, gorgeous views, sunshine in the day and stars in the dark night sky, hot chiles, and cool people. Just as an example, here is a roadside view from a little drive we took yesterday, north of Taos:


 Here is the casita where I'll be  for the next few months. What a treat! It's right in the center of town, convenient to everything, but also quiet and away from the crowds.

 The town of Taos is a fun motley of fancy homes, down at the heels places, squeezed together condos -- where everyone builds according to their spirit and no one is subject to zoning (but I may be wrong about that).

From my window I look in one direction at the Paseo, the main street. It's gridlock during the day but at night it is empty; If I look in the other direction I see cottonwoods and chimisa, both brilliant gold for the next few weeks, and I hear the crows.


Here is my street. It's turns into dirt and then dead ends, but it is right in the middle of town. I'm so glad to be here, must remind myself that I am here to write not to chill out, but if it is Taos, there is room for all. ... Stay tuned for more adventures.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home