Nancy's Travelblogue

... there isn't a train I wouldn't take, no matter where it's going. -- Edna St. Vincent Millay

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, June 05, 2005

FROM THE WRITER'S DESK



This completes my third day as a "full-time writer." I'm making progress in my writing but have yet to find my own rhythm. With no distractions except the great New Mexico outdoors, I thought a natural schedule would evolve, between work and breaks (breaks always being walking, hiking or doing something outdoors). I work on my book about ten hours a day, try to walk at least two hours, sleep very soundly about eight hours and mess around for the rest of the time.

As I was driving into Taos I woke up to the fact that the period of creative thinking, background research and making outlines are over. If I'm serious about writing this book I MUST sit here at the computer, hour after #$@$# hour, and transfer the words and concepts from my brain into the computer. There is just no other way to get a book written.

I've set a reasonable schedule for myself -- a chapter a week for eight weeks, and I'll have the first draft complete .

But now the sun is setting on my little patio, and I must go take a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home