Nancy's Travelblogue

... there isn't a train I wouldn't take, no matter where it's going. -- Edna St. Vincent Millay

Name:
Location: California, United States

Friday, June 03, 2005

SETTLING IN - IN TAOS


I moved into my casita yesterday, am happily settled and, with much difficulty, now internet connected. I couldn't ask for a better situation for working without distractions, but still squeezing in time to enjoy exploring Taos and the southwest.

This is a photo of the outside of my little casita. It's a fairly un-Taoslike situation (also un-Nancylike)-- with manicured lawns a buzzer to let guests in. But it's very quiet, and right in town, and very spacious. (In fact I forgot the advantages of being a tenant. I had some very minor things that needed fixing and the maintenance man was her within an hour and got everything straightened out. No fuss, no muss. )

The condo complex is called La Buena Vida and my landlady/booking agent is Lovey Supple. She runs Taos Lodging, and is a very interesting person, as are most of the people Ive met here in Taos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home