Nancy's Travelblogue

... there isn't a train I wouldn't take, no matter where it's going. -- Edna St. Vincent Millay

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, July 03, 2005

FROM THE WRITER'S DESK

Friday marked the half-way point of my time in Taos, and my window of full-time writing. Despite the troubles of the week before last and my depressing post about it -- overall I feel good about the results of my writing, and very good about the process, and about keeping to a schedule, even if it isn't quite the one I originally set out for myself. (In fact, if I didn't have to earn a living, I'd like to do this fulltime!) Here is a progress report on my book:

  • TABLE OF CONTENTS

    PREFACE - DONE

    CHAPTER 1. INTRODUCTION – NEARLY DONE, GOOD 1ST DRAFT

    Chapter 2. CURATING ORAL HISTORIES FOR DUMMIES – 1ST DRAFT

    Chapter 3. DEMYSTIFYING TECHNOLOGY – 1ST DRAFT

    Chapter 4. ARCHIVE ADMINISTRATION – HELD UP

    Chapter 5. LEGAL & ETHICAL ISSUES – GOOD 1ST DRAFT

    Chapter 6. RECORDING TECHNOLOGY – OMIT???

    Chapter 7. TRANSCRIBING & EDITING – BEGIN TOMORROW

    Chapter 8. CATALOGING – 1ST DRAFT

    Chapter 9. PRESERVATION – NOT BEGUN

    Chapter 10. ON THE HORIZON: POSSIBIITIES FOR THE 21ST CENTURY – NOT BEGUN

    APPENDIX – IN PROGRESS, GOOD DRAFT

    GLOSSARY – IN PROGRESS

    FURTHER RESOURCES – IN PROGRESS

    INDEX – OMIT???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home