Nancy's Travelblogue

... there isn't a train I wouldn't take, no matter where it's going. -- Edna St. Vincent Millay

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, September 11, 2005

FROM THE WRITIER'S DESK


Not bad for a writer's desk, no? Well yes, actually. I spent a scrumptious Sunday morning on Jonathan's deck overlooking the San Francisco Bay, trying to write. But for serious writing I must turn off all the external stimuli and write in a closet.

I've been stuck with my writing, and my one month break has turned into two. I seem to have lost my focus. I need to keep things simple, but they keep getting complicated. I need to fight the temptation to say everything, especially about the topics I'm not expert in. In addition, I'm torn about the publisher issue -- both hope for a contract to make the project concrete, and dread the it since I feel so unprepared.

I had an epiphany yesterday, while swimming. (Swimming is great for the creative process, as are wine and driving). I need to reorganize the manuscript, with emphasis on examples, sample forms, glossary and references. That is, to make it like a user manual. I'm working too hard.

Back to work. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home