Nancy's Travelblogue

... there isn't a train I wouldn't take, no matter where it's going. -- Edna St. Vincent Millay

Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

CROATIA TRIP - DAY 12 - KORCULA



Today we move forward to Korcula. I'm especially interested in Korcula because many of our San Francisco friends are from this island, and because I visited it ever so briefly on my 1990 trip to Yugoslavia.

Korcula City is a wonderfully restored walled city, and the alleged birthplace of Marko Polo. We were there late in the day, when the sun appeared from above the cloud cover, right before it set into the sea, to give an incredible luminous light to this magic city.

The first photo is of me in a bar on top of a tower on the city wall. You can't tell, but we had to climb up a narrow ladder to get there. The second photo is of Jonathan standing against the city wall at sunset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home