Nancy's Travelblogue

... there isn't a train I wouldn't take, no matter where it's going. -- Edna St. Vincent Millay

Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, June 25, 2006

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA SECRETS: Farmer Joes


Off-the-beaten-track great things to do in the San Francisco Bay Area, that cost little or no money

Last Saturday Farmer Joe's Marketplace opened their brand new 20,ooo foot store in the Dimond District of Oakland. My neighborhood! The neighborhood is so excited to have Farmer Joes in the neighborgood, that we staged an all-day festival, which included music, booths, and of course, all the special welcoming activities, such as a Lion Dance ceremony.

I"m so pleased to have this wonderful, family owned market within walking distance of my home, and now I should never again have to drive for grocieries. Come shop!!!

And read the San Francisco Chronicle article.
.Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home